Kiddos @ E. Rivers
FALL 2019 CLASSES
REGISTRATION IS AUGUST 1 - 23, 2019
All registration between August 24 - 30 will incur a $25 late fee per class. Email info@KiddosAtlanta.com. NO REGISTRATION AFTER AUGUST 30, NO exceptions.
You Can Pay in FULL or Pay Half Now & Half October 1st
Scholarships are available... EMAIL info@KiddosAtlanta.com to inquire by August 23
CLASSES START on September 3 and END on December 13, 2019.
- There are no classes when school's out.
- *You do not have to be in After School to participate in classes.
- *In order to maintain a quality staff and program any additional inclement weather days will be made up the week of December 16th, If any additional weather cancellations happen we will not make up the days or provide a refund.
FALL 2019 SCHEDULE
Mondays: Running Club (3-5), Gymnastics (K-3), Science Wiz (3-5),
Tuesdays: Tennis (PK-3), Tap Ballet (K-2),
Wednesdays: Soccer (K-3), Film Making (3-5), Art in Spanish (K-3)
Thursdays: Drama (1-5), Bricks 4 Kidz (K-2), Karate (2-5)
Fridays: Chess (K-5), Karate (Pk-1)
2019/20 CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
ART IN SPANISH: (K-3) Wednesdays, 2:30-3:45 | 14 Classes, $297
- Don’t just learn Spanish, experience it! We explore the language and culture of Spanish-speaking countries learning and creating original art works, all in a warm and supportive atmosphere.
- In the fall we'll explore the art and culture of four countries (Spain, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Argentina) including art movements and artists from each country. The semester will include both cooking projects and art projects using many different media such as ink and watercolor, sculpture (using up-cycled materials), acrylics, clay, fibers, and more.
- This class is a Spanish immersion class and is for beginning learners as well as native speakers. More information at www.spunkyarts.com.
BALLET/TAP: (K-2) Tuesdays, 2:30-3:45 | 13 Fall Classes, $279 | 14 Spring Classes, $297
- Tap Ballet is a great class for the young dancer who wants to learn the fundamentals of both Tap and Ballet. Classes touch on both warm-up and technique of both disciplines, as well as proper arm, leg, and foot positions. Studio Go’s Tap Ballet program is a progressive program that introduces more complex technique and patterns of movement to challenge the elementary student. These classes are perfect for both beginners and the more serious dance student. Our teachers are prepared and evaluate where each student is at to make sure that all students are both comfortable and challenged at the same time.
- Dress Code: Girls: Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, and black tap shoes. Skirt is optional.Boys: White top, black shorts/pants, black ballet shoes, and tap shoes. (Please label all dance attire with First & Last name.)
BRICKS 4 KIDZ: (K-2) Thursdays, 2:30-3:45 | 14 Classes, $297
- Join us in in building jaw-dropping, awesome and head-spinning LEGO models! In LEGO Club, children are introduced to our basic “Project 1 Kit”, with which they are able to build any of our over 1,000 different proprietary models from our over 200 unit-themes. Want to go to outer space? How about an amusement park? The adventure begins at Bricks4Kidz where they will build models in our Mission 2 Space, Ticket to Ride, and other fun unit-themes.
- Children build complex, motorized Lego models while learning interesting concepts such as gear ratios, laws of motion and much more! Each child will have the chance to create his or her own mini-figure that they will take home at the end of the session!
CHESS: (K-5) Fridays, 2:30-3:45 l 14 classes, $255| **2nd Hour from 3:45-4:45, $100**
- Championship Chess is open to all students interested in learning to play chess as well as those who already play! We teach fundamentals of chess in a step by step approach that highlights the strengths of each piece and how they work together. Then we teach the tactical and strategic principles and have fun applying them! Kids that play chess score better on standardized tests and achieve better grades overall. Come join the chess club that has fun each week in class and participate in local, state and national tournaments.
- We offer a skill based 2nd hour for those who know the fundamentals and want more time to play and build their skills. Smyrnachess@yahoo.com
- No Class on Friday, March 6
DRAMA: (1-5) Thursdays, 2:30-4:00 l 14 classes, $285
- Have a budding actor or actress at home? Then have them join our drama class taught by professionals from The Atlanta Children's Theatre! Young actors develop their acting skills through fun drama games, improvisations and plays. A fun and nurturing environment is created where children are always center stage and their creativity is celebrated! Class will culminate in a performance for family and friends. www.atlantachildrenstheatre.com
FILM MAKING: (3-5) Wednesdays, 2:30-4:30 l 14 two hour Classes, $346
- Kids TV is Atlanta’s #1 after school film class for kids. During Kids TV, students learn professional camera, lighting and production techniques from professional filmmakers as they work as a team to bring their story ideas to life.
- The students produce, film and star in their own video projects. At the end of the semester, family and guests are invited to a movie premiere. Check out some past videos at: http//kidstv.mobocproductions.com
GYMNASTICS: (K-2) Mondays, 2:30-3:45 | 12 Classes, $297
- MY GYM Students will learn step-by-step skill progressions in a safe and fun environment. Our gymnastics instructors will use balance beams, bars, vaults, and tumbling to help kiddos increase their strength and flexibility. Whether your child is a young gymnast or a curious beginner, they will build upon skills in order to understand the fundamentals of gymnastics in a super fun way!
- (2-5) Thursdays 2:30 - 3:45 | 14 Classes $325 +$20 Uniform
- (PK-1) Fridays, 2:30 - 4:00 | 14 Classes $325 +$20 Uniform
- POWER UP teaches students coordination, healthy living and discipline. We have a trained staff of patient instructors who love to work with children, but are also very clear about limits. We enforce good rules of behavior in class, and we expect the same good behavior at home and in school.
- *PreK-1 class will get out later since changing out takes longer.
MAGIC: (2-5) Mondays, 2:30-3:45 | 12 SPRING Classes $261
- NEW SPRING ONLY CLASS!!! NEXPLORE presents Magic where students learn to turn a glass into a bottle, pass balls through a cup, multiply rabbits, and much, much more!
- Performing magic tricks helps students build self-esteem, public speaking, communication, and critical thinking skills!
- Receive their very own Spectacular Magic Show kit
RUNNING CLUB: (3-5) Mondays, 2:30-3:45 | 12 Classes $225
- The kids running club is based on the "Kids Run the Nation" Program developed by The Road Runners Club of America. It will be taught by a licensed Physical Therapist, avid runner, and mom with 3 kiddos under age 12. We will have a 13 week course which will focus on ten developmental principles that guide training, running, and racing for young distance runners. Most importantly we will focus on making running fun, developing good technique, participation and self-improvement, systematic training, nutrition and increasing workload gradually. We hope to promote a love of running in all the children.
- Our goal is to run the E. Rivers' Fun Run together. All that is needed to participate is "running" shoes (I can help advise on that too) and a good attitude!
SCIENCE WIZ- Electricity: (3-5) Mondays, 2:30-3:45| 12 FALL Classes $261
- NEW FALL ONLY CLASS!!! NEXPLORE Electricity class has students learn the basics of electricity by building circuit loops, spinning motors, lighting lights, buzzing buzzers, sending coded messages, testing conductivity, and more. The class is built upon inquiry, experimentation and play!
- Student will receive their very own Science-Wiz™ kit to explore fundamental scientific ideas through hands-on play and activities and conduct experiments, many of which they will bring home to share with family and friends.
SOCCER: (K-3) Wednesdays, 2:30-3:45 l 14 Classes, $255
- OVERTIME SPORTS Soccer is an active program for boys and girls designed to develop an interest in the game and establish a solid foundation in preparation for recreational or club soccer. We are able to accomplish this by making sure the number one ingredient is present at all times: FUNdamentals! Students will learn various elements of the game such as passing, trapping, dribbling, shooting, and ball control. The sessions are composed of exciting games such as Terminator, Sting Ray, and World Cup.
- Soccer instills cooperation, teamwork, sportsmanship, and self-confidence, all of which are key components that transcend the playing field and impact the development of our children.
TENNIS: (PK-3) Tuesdays, 2:30-3:45 l 13 Fall Classes, $279 | 14 Fall Classes, $297
KIDZ TENNIS is a great way to develop coordination, good sportsmanship, friendships, and achieve excellent physical fitness. This mobile-court program incorporates all of these elements into the program to provide each child with these great life-long skills and benefits. Our mobile program is set up on-campus using:
- Portable junior sized nets & smaller rackets which are provided for use.
- Foam and Low compression tennis balls that bounce lower and slower for rapid development.
- A fast-paced curriculum that creates a fun environment while the children the game.
- Our method of grouping of children by age and ability for maximum fun & development.
In addition to these great things, Kidz Tennis has other great benefits, including:
- Providing safe, fun, physical activity for your child.
- Improvement of balance, coordination and agility.
- Convenience for the Parents.
- It is one of the only sports that truly lasts a lifetime.